The Jimmy Reid Foundation is a think tank which brings together different voices from across the left in Scotland to make the case for economic, environmental, political and social equity and justice in Scotland and further afield. In doing so, the Foundation seeks to build on the legacy that Jimmy Reid left us.
The Reid Foundation is now 10 years old
The Jimmy Reid Foundation reached its 10th birthday on 10 August 2021. It was launched a year after the death of Jimmy Reid by the Scottish Left Review magazine which Jimmy founded. So far, the Foundation has produced nearly 100 publications (policy paper, pamphlets and briefing notes) and organised dozens of meetings and our annual lectures.
- Video of 9th (2022) annual Jimmy Reid Foundation lecture given by Christina McAnea
- Jimmy Reid Foundation 2022 annual lecture
- Music as a terrain of struggle for the left – lessons from Joe Strummer and The Clash – virtual meeting, 7pm Thurs 14 July
- ‘UCS work-in: reflections on language and leaders’ virtual meeting, 7pm Thurs 16 June
- Publication of ‘A New Scotland: Building an Equal, Fair and Sustainable Society’
- Jimmy Reid’s ‘rat race’ speech – an appreciation 50 years on
If you believe in creating social justice in Scotland and would like to help contribute to the ongoing work of the Jimmy Reid Foundation then you can help us by becoming either an ordinary supporter or a sustaining supporter.