The Jimmy Reid Foundation is a think tank which brings together different voices from across the left in Scotland to make the case for economic, environmental, political and social equity and justice in Scotland and further afield. In doing so, the Foundation seeks to build on the legacy that Jimmy Reid left us.
The Reid Foundation is now 10 years old
The Jimmy Reid Foundation reached its 10th birthday on 10 August 2021. It was launched a year after the death of Jimmy Reid by the Scottish Left Review magazine which Jimmy founded. So far, the Foundation has produced nearly 100 publications (policy paper, pamphlets and briefing notes) and organised dozens of meetings and our annual lectures.
- Jimmy Reid Foundation 2021 annual lecture
- Recording of critique of Scottish Government’s ‘Fair Work’ policy meeting, 17 Aug 2021
- The Reid Foundation is now 10 years old – help sustain it for the next ten
- Recording of ‘Liberal education in a neo-liberal world’ meeting of 7 June 2021 now available
- Successful launch of ‘Liberal education in a neo-liberal world: re-culturing and recalibrating’
- Critique of Scottish Government’s ‘Fair Work’ policy published
If you believe in creating social justice in Scotland and would like to help contribute to the ongoing work of the Jimmy Reid Foundation then you can help us by becoming either an ordinary supporter or a sustaining supporter.